Pharmacy Department is a new addition to the ever growing Komar University of Science and Technology it is the only private pharmacy department in Sulaimaniyah region which was established in 2018.
We welcomed our first batch of students in 2018-2019 academic year and looking forward to meeting new students for the coming years.
Pharmacists are experts in medicines who work alongside doctors, nurses and dentists as part of healthcare teams.
As a pharmacy graduate, you’ll need to understand the science behind drug discovery, development and delivery along with how patients react to the medicines they take. You’ll also have to understand individual patient care and public health issues to deliver the best health and pharmaceutical care.
Our pharmacy degree combines science and pharmacy from the start. Our aim is to provide you with the skills and knowledge to be a medicines expert to choose from the full range of pharmacy careers.
Our academic program which is fully accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research Kurdistan region.
The innovative educational strategy used at our university provide graduate pharmacists with skills and knowledge they require to make difference in their communities and contribute positively, professionally and ethically to the pharmaceutical care health and well being of its people.
We strive to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills in all our students as well as encouraging academic debates and teaching our student research methods to help them with their final year graduation project.
Fostering an environment for students who will promote the safe, efficacious, and cost-effective use of medications. Developing the passion in students to improve the medication use process to enhance continuity of care.
- To create a national program to implement Good Pharmacy Practice (GPP), an international quality standard for pharmacy service focusing on patient-centered care.
- To apply knowledge as a high-caliber academic institution of pharmacy education that contributes to the well-being and the quality of life of the citizens in Kurdistan Region-Iraq.
- Maintain a lifelong relationship with alumni through opportunities that promote interaction and involvement with the College for the benefit of the community.
- Raising awareness of the value of pharmacy among patients, policymakers, the media, all healthcare partners and stakeholders.
- Comply with International Standards in Education and Assessment System.
Offer a professional pharmacy curriculum that provides qualified students with the knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and values essential to become a qualified pharmacist providing pharmaceutical care.
Develop pharmacy leaders and scientists who exhibit the ideals of professionalism, leadership, critical thinking, life-long learning and ethical behavior.
We will accomplish this by:
- Providing an innovative educational program to students that prepares then to become life-long learners to accomplish a successful career in pharmacy, higher education, and research.
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships, collaborations and strategic partnerships with students, faculty, alumni, and friends to broaden the global impact of the college.
- Attracting, training and retaining faculty and staff with high quality of service.